Gomathi Marimuthu and Chitra Won Gold in Asian Athletics Championships 2019
- Tejinder Pal Singh Toor (Shot put), Gomathi Marimuthu(800 metres) and P. U. Chitra (1500 metres) won gold for India.
- India had won 29 medals – 12 Gold, 5 Silver and 12 Bronze in the last edition in Bhubaneswar in 2017, topping the medal tally for the first time.
- Asian Athletics Championships: India Finishes Fourth
- Asian Athletics Championships 2019 held at Doha in Qatar.
- It was the 23rd edition of the Championships.
- India ended at the fourth spot in the medals tally with 3 Gold, 7 Silver and 7 Bronze. Bahrain topped the table with 11 Gold, 7 Silver and 4 Bronze. China was second while Japan was third.
Source: The Hindu