KAU Intellectual Property Rights Cell Wins The National IP Award 2019
- The Intellectual Property Rights Cell (IPR Cell) of Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) has been selected for the National Intellectual Property Award 2019.
- The award, comprising prize money of INR 1 lakh, citation, and memento, will be presented at a function to be held in New Delhi on World IP Day.
- The cell headed by C.R. Elsy has facilitated GI registration of nine crops from the State.
Source: The Hindu
- World Intellectual Property Day is observed on April 26.
- The award constituted by the Indian Intellectual Property Office under the Union Ministry of Industry and Commerce is conferred on persons and organisations working in the field of patents, trademarks, and Geographical Indications.