PM Modi to dedicate to National War Memorial in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate the National War Memorial near India Gate in New Delhi.
- The memorial will honour soldiers who have laid down their lives in the service for the country since Independence.
- More than 25,000 soldiers of the Indian Armed Forces have made the supreme sacrifice to defend the country’s sovereignty and integrity.
- The Memorial, which is in close vicinity of India Gate and Amar Jawan Jyoti, is a symbol of the nation’s gratitude to those who made the supreme sacrifice after the country gained Independence.
- The National War Memorial also commemorates the soldiers who participated and made the supreme sacrifice in Peace Keeping Missions and Counter Insurgency Operations.
- The layout of the Memorial comprises four concentric circles, Amar Chakra Circle of Immortality, the Veerta Chakra Circle of Bravery, the Tyag Chakra Circle of Sacrifice, and the Rakshak Chakra or Circle of Protection.
- The complex includes a central obelisk, an eternal flame and six bronze murals depicting famous battles fought by Indian Army, Air Force and Navy.