Weekly Current Affairs April 25, 26, 27, 28 – 2018
Exam current affairs site presents Daily current affairs digest in a single sentence. Read it and recall for your exam preparation.
National Current Affairs
- Asia Pacific Regional Workshop of UNCCD held in New Delhi
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by the Raksha Mantri Smt Nirmala Sitharaman, met and accorded approval to Capital Acquisition Proposals of the Services valued at over Rs 3,687 crore.
- Exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’ is being conducted to strengthen and assess the loopholes in the coastal security mechanism along Kerala shores.
- PM Modi Launches Van Dhan Scheme To Help Increase Tribal Income through Value Addition
- Adopt Heritage project: Government awards LoI to 9 agencies for 22 monuments
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh at the National Kharif Conference 2018 at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- The 23rd meeting of the Western Zonal Council was held at Gandhinagar, Gujarat under the chairmanship of the Union home minister Rajnath Singh.
- Human Resource Development Ministry launches Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 in New Delhi
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on technical knowledge sharing for establishing a nationwide Time Stamping & Time Synchronization network and traceability of Time signal to UTC NPL Time.
- Cabinet approves restructured National Bamboo Mission
- Mr.Hardeep Puri, Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs (I/C) launched a Mobile App (m-Awas) for allotment of Government accommodations in General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) in Delhi under the control of the Directorate of Estates.
- India’s First e-commerce think tank meeting in New Delhi Convened By Suresh Prabhu
International Current Affairs
- Shri Narendra Modi and President of People’s Republic of China, H.E. Mr. Xi Jinping held their first Informal Summit in Wuhan.
- India-Nepal Inter Governmental Committee (IGC) meeting on trade, transit and cooperation to Control Unauthorised Trade begins in Kathmandu.
- Harimau Shakti : Indo Malaysian Joint Military Exercise Held in Malaysia
- The Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) is tying up with the US and Finland to develop new pollution-forecast system.
Awards & Honours
- Eminent Gujarati poet Sitanshu Yashaschandra’s poetry collection “Vakhar” has been chosen for the Saraswati Samman for 2017.
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is awarded the National Intellectual Property (IP) Award 2018 in the category “Top R&D Institution / Organization for Patents and Commercialization”.
Banking & Finance
- Nabard has provided an assistance of Rs 10,012 crore to Uttar Pradesh during 2017-18 to facilitate overall development with special focus on agricultural credit.
- The Union Government has entered into agreement with World Bank for flexible financing arrangement to accelerate research towards early development for biopharmaceuticals under National Biopharma Mission.
- India and World Bank signs loan agreement US$ 125 million for “Innovate in India for Inclusiveness Project”
- Shooter Gauri Sheoran Made Brand Ambassador For Haryana’s Health Programmes
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Christine Schraner Burgener of Switzerland as his new special envoy on Myanmar.
- CIA Chief Mike Pompeo Sworn in as New US Secretary of State
- Indu Malhotra – First Woman Lawyer to become a Supreme Court judge
- Mario Abdo Benitez elected as Paraguay’s president
Days & Events
- World Intellectual Property Day is observed every year on 26th April to learn about the role that intellectual property rights play in encouraging innovation and creativity.
- Housing and Urban Development Corporation Celebrated 48th Foundation Day
- World Day for Laboratory Animals (WDAIL) also known as World Lab Animal Day observed every year on 24 April.
- The nation celebrates the National Panchayati Raj Diwas (24th Aril) as this date marks a defining moment in the history of decentralization of political power to the grassroots level.
- World Malaria Day is celebrated every year on 25 April to recognize global efforts to control malaria, and spread awareness to bring down the cases of Malaria, that manages to get millions around the world in its grip each year.The theme of World Malaria Day 2018 is, “Ready To Beat Malaria”.
- Malvi’s adder’s-tongue fern – Western Ghats reveal world’s smallest land fern
Indian researchers have discovered the world’s smallest land fern hiding in the Ahwa forests of the Western Ghats in Gujarat’s Dang district.The size of the new Malvi’s adder’s-tongue fern Ophioglossum malviae – just one centimetre.
Science and Technology
- A gigantic mosquito with a wingspan of 11.15 centimetres has been found in China’s Sichuan province.
Ranking & Index
- World Press Freedom Index 2018 : India Ranked 138